Sunday, June 10, 2012

Just Married...............

Today I decided to share with you this cute "Just Married" card.  The only Cricut cartridge that you will need is "wedding".  So let's get started......



The base card is a standard A2 card.  I used brown cardstock and scored it in half.  The white cardstock was cut at 4" x 5 1/4" and then ran through my cuttlebug using the Swiss dots folder.  I then adhered a piece of ribbon about 5 1/2" long to the white cardstock before attaching it to the base card.  From there, I cut my pattern paper at 3 1/2" x 4 3/4" from Colorbok "Earth Tones" and adhered that to my card.




Now using the wedding cartridge, I cut this heart in brown cardstock at 1 1/2".  I cut it again in white cardstock.  However I changed the size to 1" and removed the open heart by cutting it with scissors.  Taking the white heart, I ran it through my cuttlebug using the Swiss dots folder and attached foam tape to the back of it and adhered it to the brown heart.  I then got my white gel pen out and doodles around the white heart before gluing it to the main card.




Using the same cartridge, I cut the car (2) twice at 3 1/2" in brown cardstock.  The first car, I only added a small piece of white cardstock behind the wording "Just Married".  With this same car I doodled around the entire car with my white gel pen.  For the second car, I add a piece of pattern cardstock from the same Colorbok "Earth Tones"  Covering the window and headlights.  Then I put foam tape on the back of the first car and attached it to the front of the second car.  I cut off the tail from the car and then attached the car to the card with adhesive tape.




I substituted the original tail with these rhinestones instead.  Trying to bring out the sparkle that is in the pattern paper.





I took Recollections big pearl stickers and glued one in the middle of each headlight to give dimension .




Finally, I finished up by take a piece of white ribbon and making a bow.  I would also like to thank "cutecardsbychris" for demonstrating how to make this card.  You are a very talented woman...

Hope you're all having a wonderful Sunday and enjoying your nice weather.  We currently are having rain showers with temperatures of 47 degrees. 

No comments:

Post a Comment