Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day.......

I hope you all are enjoying fathers day today.   As most of you already know, my father passed away less than a year ago.  I have fond memories of him and he will always be remembered...  Earlier this morning my Son-in-Law sent me this poem "In Loving Memory on Father's Day".  I thought it was so sweet of him to send it to me that I wanted to share it with all of you.




Now on to my card.  A couple of weeks ago I came across this card and wanted to try and duplicate it.  However, I didn't know when I first saw it, that this talented lady only used stamps.  Yes I said stamps.  Something I don't have many of.  But because I liked it so much, I decided to give it a try with my cricut instead.  I used two cartridges:  George and Basic Shapes and Create a Critter.  So lets get started.......





This card is not your standard card.  Your will need a piece of cardstock the size of 6 1/2 x 9.  Scored it in half to measure 6 1/2 x 4 1/2.  That will be your base card.  You will need the following cardstock sizes: (1) 4 x 4 1/2 and (1) 2 1/8 x 4 1/4 - black; (1) 3 3/4 x 4 1/4 and (1) 1 7/8 x 4 - grey; (1) 3 1/2 x 4 and 1 5/8 x 3 3/4 - green.



For the hole, you will use George and Basic Shapes and cut (1) 1" circle in grey and (1) 1/2" in black.  I then stamped white ink on the only one side to give it a shadow look.  The glued the two together and attached it in the upper left corner on the green cardstock.




From there, using the same cartridge, I cut another 1/2" circle.  This time in white and ran it through my cuttlebug using the swiss dots folder.  This will be your golf ball.




For the golf shoes, I cut three ovals measuring 1 3/4" x 1".  For this I used my gypsy.  I cut (2) black, (2) white and (2) red.  I snipped off the tip of the red oval.  Pierced four holes and stuck white brads through each hole.  Then drew black lines with my zig pen for the lace.  With black ink, I highlighted the left side only of both the white and red ovals.  The I glued all three together to form a shoe.



For the club, I used my paper cutter.  I cut white cardstock at 1/8".  Length doesn't matter since you will be sizing it before all attached.  Used black ink to highlight the white.  The black cardstack was cut at 1/4" x 1 1/4" and highlighted with white.  Again you will remove any hang over if needed.  For the tip of the club, I just hand cut a half moon out of white and highlighted in black.  Attached everything together to form the club.




This grass was cut at 2" using the Create a Critter cartridge.





Since I liked the same sentiment that was used on her card.  I chose to use the same.  I used a simple font from my computer and did the best I could to center and yet make it large enough so you could read it.  The inside of the card, I simply typed "Happy Father's Day". 

Thank you all for spending a few minutes with me on this special day.  Now, please return to your father's and enjoy the time you have with them.

Challenges:

Simply Create Too - Father's Day
DL Art - A Card for a Man
DYSU - Boys/Men
Papercraft Star - Father's Day
Cards for Men - Father's Day
My Sheri Crafts - Father's Day
Celebrate the Occasion - Father's Day

12 comments:

  1. Wow this is so clever! You did an amazing job just using your cricut! Love how the golf ball even has texture to it! Thank you for sharing this with us over at the Papercraft Star!

    Anitra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!such a great job with cricut!!loved your card.Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.
    Hugs
    Archana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Creative! Nice job! Thanks for playing along with CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever and oh, so cute! Love how you're looking down at the shoe and the hole!!!
    Thanks for joining CTO this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card, I love how you created your scene with the die-cuts! Thanks for joining us @ CTO this week for our "Father's Day" Challenge :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card... and great job recreating it! All the little pieces are so cute. Thanks for sharing this at My Sheri Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card.
    Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card! Love your work with the Cricut! Thanks for sharing with us at My Sheri Crafts!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card concept!! Thanks for sharing your story with us. Thanks so much for playing with us at DYSU!!

    Crafty Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so very sorry to read about the passing of your father. I'm sure that Father's Day was especially difficult for you this year.

    Your card is wonderful. The little details make it extra-special!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fantabulous Cricut!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun Card! I love the green and the shoes came out so neat.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday challenge.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete