Saturday, June 9, 2012

Happy Anniversary!!!

Whoever said it doesn't "snow" in June is wrong.  Today started off partly cloudy.  Good enough to get some errands ran and now "snowing".  Only in Montana (ha,ha). 

Anyhoo, today I would like to share an anniversary card that I made by scrap lifting it off of Youtube.  You will need the following cricut cartridges:  Life's a Party and Sweetheart.  So let's get started.




I chose to use only two colors:  Black and White.  The base card is located on page 62 in the Life's a Party manual.  I cut it at 5" under the card key in white cardstock.  I then cut another piece of white cardstock using the card/shift key at 4 3/4".    




For the couples silhouette I used Sweetheart cartridge on page 35.  It was cut at 4 3/4" in black cardstock.  After centering the silhouette in the heart I trimmed off any extra black.  The pattern cardstock is from Colorbok "Neutrals".  I cut it to measure a square the size 4" x 3 3/8".  It fits perfectly behind the silhouette.




Before attaching everything to the piece of white cardstock.  I first had to stamp "Happy Anniversary" from Hero Arts - Everyday Sayings.  Then I embossed the white using my cuttlebug.  Now I was able to start putting my card together.




But, I needed to adhere my ribbon from Michael's to the bottom and add a pearl drop from Recollection.  Now I added foam tape to back and attached it to the main card.  However, I still wasn't done.  I decided to finish it up with my white opal liquid pearls. Now it's finished and boy it sure looks stunning.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great Saturday.


Challenges:

D.L. Art - Anything goes
Anything Goes - Anniversaries
Try it on Tuesday - Anything goes
Papertake Weekly - Anything goes
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - Anything goes

3 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful. I love the shape and the embossing. A perfect Anniversary card. I have been in Hawaii when it has snowed- go figure.
    I hope your summer comes soon and isn't too hot.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thank you Thursday challenge.

    DIANA L.
    http://dianmlarson..blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, pretty! Great take on the challenge. Thanks for playing with us at TIOT.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  3. brilliant aniversary card and thanks for sharing with us at PAPERTAKE WEEKLY. Aunty Sue GDT

    ReplyDelete