Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Happy 20th Anniversary Darling!!!!

Today is our 20th Anniversary.....  As every married couple, we have had our ups and downs.  But I sure wouldn't change anything.  Our growth together helps us get stronger and stronger as the years pile up.  I am so very thankful to have such a wonderful, handsome, and charming man to share my life with..... I Love You!!!!!

Since we are on the roll of anniversaries this month.  I would like to share with you an anniversary card I made for my In-Laws.  They will be celebrating their 48th anniversary on the 26th of June.  Congratulations to you both!!! 




I cut the card base from Life's A Party (page 62) @ 5" in white cardstock.  Then I cut it again in white using the card/shift key @ 4 3/4".  Ran it through my cuttlebug to give it some dimension. 




But before I did that, I had to stamp Happy Anniversary on the top with black ink.




For this part of the card, I used my Sweetheart cartridge (page 35) @ 4 3/4" to cut the couple.  The pattern paper was cut at 4 x 3 3/8.  I attached the couple to the pattern paper and centered them in the middle of the heart.  I removed the legs of the couple that were hanging.




Before attaching everything to the main card I wrapped "Michael's" ribbon and made a bow.  Then I adhered foam tape and attached it to the main card.  I finished it up with a pearl from Recollection and White Opal liquid pearls in the center of the divots.




For the inside, I again used Life's A Party along with my gypsy and hid the heart shape.  I cut one at 4 1/2" in black and one at 4 1/4" in white.  Attached them to the inside of the card.  This is where I will write our personal thoughts to them. 


I hope you enjoy making this card as much as I did.  Just think, this could also be used as a wedding card by using the brides color and stamping "On Your Wedding Day".  The thoughts are endless............   Happy Anniversary again to both my Husband and my In-Laws!!!

Challenges:

DL Art - 2 colors, ribbon, embossing

1 comment:

  1. This is so simple yet so sophisticated and sweet.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday challenge.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete