Sunday, June 24, 2012

Golf Tie Breaker

Wow what a hot day.  Our temperature is currently 92 degrees.  I know, some of you are laughing.  But that is like being in Las Vegas when it is above 120 degrees.  Besides, we don't have air-conditioning since we would only need to use it maybe five days out of the entire year.  So to stay cool the dogs and I go down in the basement where it is cooler and I can work on my cards.

Yesterday, my husband and son-in-law played a game of golf up in Great Falls, Montana.  They had an amazing time together.  Now that they are tied one one.  I thought I would make another golf card and share it with you all.


Base card is grey at 5 1/2" x 4 1/4".  I cut black at 5 1/4" x 4" and the pattern paper (Colorbok) 5 1/8" x 4 1/8".



For the golf club, golf ball and tee, I used the cricut cartridge "Fathers Day (button #24) at 3 1/2".  I used my gypsy to hide images before cutting.  I cut the main golf club in both brown and silver.  Attached the brown to the silver and removed the brown handle.  The rivets were then cut in silver and attached to the brown.  Both the tee and golf ball were cut in white.  I ran the golf ball through my cuttlebug with the swiss dots folder and inked it with brown.  These were then attached to the brown. 



Before attaching the image to the card I wrapped green twine around and added a green button with black DMC floss.  This was then glued onto the green twine.




Thinking that I was finished I stamped "Happy Birthday in the corner with brown ink.  After everything was adhered to the card.  I realized that I had forgotten to add grass.  Silly me........  Oh well,  next time I make it I won't forget it.

So it looks like that maybe next week the boys are going to play another round of golfer together.  I wonder which one is going to win.   Until next weekend.......  Have a wonderful Sunday!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment