Saturday, June 30, 2012

Ah, Summer!!!

Today, I would like to share with you a card that represents us during the summer.  Every year around the 4th of July, our family gets together to float the Madison River.  However, this year might be different because of the major fire that it located directly where we begin our float.  If this fire continues then we will need to change our plans.  Anyway, here is my card.




I began with scoring a piece of green cardstock in half (5 1/2 x 11).  The patterned paper was cut at (5 3/8 x 5 3/8).  I folded only the upper right corner down exposing the green cardstock.




I cut the floating girl with water at 3 1/2" using my cricut cartridge "Pack your Bags". 




For the girls hat I chose to cover up the flower cut by glueing on a flower rhinestone.  I thought I would give it some bling. 




For the sun, I used that same cricut cartridge "Pack your Bags and cut it at 2 1/4".  As you can see I just left it simple. I used foam tape and attached it to the right hand corner of the card.  I also doodled white stitches with my white gel pen.




Since the lower right corner of the card looked plain.  I decided to help bring out the yellow with adding yellow rhinestones to give it more bling.




With my sentiment, I chose to use my computer and printed "Ah, Summer!!!".  Then I doodled with my hot pink zig pen after using EKSuccess large punch "photo labels".  Before adhering everything to the main card, I wrapped We R Memory Keepers "pink floss"  around the patterned paper.


Here are some the challenges I've entered my card into:

Cooking with Cricut - Celebrate Water
CardZ TV - Summer Fun
Cricut Chirp - A Smiling Sparkling Sun

Thank you for stopping by.  Have a wonderful Saturday!!!

7 comments:

  1. This is adorable!!! I wish I could be relaxing like that right now. I hope you stop by the challenge at www.cricutchirp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for participating in The Cricut Chirp Challenge!!! I just love this card. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute fun card. It's so relaxing and in the water...ah summer!

    Have a great day!
    Dee B

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just adorable, love the embossing folder you chose and bling is perfect! Thanks for joining CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card -- and it captures such fun memories for you! Thanks for linking up at Cooking With Cricut this week.

    ~ Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that's the way to celebrate summer. Love your adorable card. Thanks for sharing with us at CWC.
    Hugs
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete