Sunday, April 1, 2012

Today is the day.....

Wow, I can't believe that today is April 1, 2012 and it's snowing.......  No I'm not fooling.  Around here it can snow everyday.   

Next week on Easter is my Sister-In-Laws birthday along with my Nephews.  But this card is for my Sister-In-Law.  So let's get started.

I chose pink for my base card as an A2 standard card.  Matted white cardstock (5" x 3 3/4") to the pink after piercing the tails for the balloons.  Got my Doodlecharms Cricut cartridge out and cut three different colored balloons at 1", cutting off the strings.  Threw all three balloons at once through my cuttlebug with the Swiss dot folder.







With one of the balloons, I foam taped the back to give it some dimension.  Then adhered them to the white matte just above the first piercing holes.









Then I added a small piece of pink ribbon and tied a bow.  Adhered it to the intersection of the piercing holes to help show them gathered together.





For the sentiment I wanted to use "today is the day" followed with "to celebrate" inside the card.  Since I don't have very many ink stamp pads I tend to stick with the basics.  So I used black ink and stamped it on pink cardstock (2 1/2" x 1 1/4").  Took some white liquid pearls to fill in the upper corner since I thought it needed something. 

So that is my card today.  Happy Birthday Deb!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment