Sunday, March 18, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Card

Well, hope all is well this fine and lovely day.  I apologize for not posting yesterday.  We decided to take a day trip and tour Old Montana Prison in Deerlodge, Montana.  It was a self-guided tour and was mostly outside.  What a terrible day to pick an outside event.  It rained the whole entire time.  But we made it the best and had a nice time spending it together.  I will try to post pictures later this week.  But in the meantime, here is a card that I made last year.  I first would like to thank Mary over at CardzTV.  She originally came up with the idea.  I just happened to scrap lift it. 



First you will need the cricut cartridge "A Child's Year".  On Page 31 of the book you will use the top hat (icon), shamrock (shift/icon) and card base.  I used green cardstock "rodeo drive" from www.core'dinations.com from JoAnn's.  Cut the card base at 5 1/2". 




I then cut the top hat at 2 1/2" in black cardstock.  Attached some green gingham patterned paper to the back.  Stamped white ink all around and finished it up with a green rhinestone in the middle of the shamrock.  Adhered it to the card with foam tape to give it dimension.   Wrapped black gingham ribbon around the face of the card and tied a bow.




I finished the front of the card with two shamrock (1 1/2" and 1 1/4") using green gingham cardstock.  Adhered them to the bottom of the card and glued green rhinestones.  For the inside, I attached another piece of green gingham cardstock.  In the picture below you can see how they show through the front.



You can watch Mary's video here if you should have any questions.  As always, thanks for stopping by and visiting with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment