Saturday, March 10, 2012

Leprechaun

Good Morning all!!!  I can't believe that next week is already St. Patrick's Day.  So in celebration of the upcoming holiday, I wanted to share with you another St. Patrick's Day card.  I'm sure you all have seen something similar to this one.  It seems to be a very popular cut.  Therefore, for all of us that made this similar design.  A big shout out to all of you.  So without further ado, here is my card.



For this card I used my gypsy to design a shamrock shape card from Paper Dolls Dress Up.  I welded two shamrocks together at 4.5".  The fold for this card is underneath the leprechaun.  I originally outlined the shamrock with black lines, but it just didn't help contrast it.  So I chose to white pen over the black.  I am quite pleased on how it turned out.


For this leprechaun, I used Simply Charmed and cut him out at 3".  After putting him all together I used stickles yellow and orange to give dimension to his buckle, button and eyebrows.  I sponged his cheeks with white ink and used clear glitter pen for his eyes.



After attaching the leprechaun to the shamrock, I finished my card by stamping the standard saying "Happy St. Pattick's Day" on the front of the card. 

Before I sign off, I wanted to let you all know that I have decided to enter this card into the following challenge:  Little Scrap Pieces



Once again thanks for stopping by.  Have a wonderful and safe weekend. 


3 comments:

  1. hi Shawn this is adorable I am having a Luck of the Irish challenge at my blog this week www.littlescrappieces.blogspot.com would love for you to join in with your card. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute card Shawn! Love how you used your Gypsy...gee I gotta get one of those. Just a perfect card the St. Patty's day!
    Cindy Porter
    http://cardcrazeeme53.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shawn thanks so much for taking the time to come by my blog and entering your card in my challenge...Karen

    ReplyDelete