Saturday, March 31, 2012

Easter Egg Shaped Card

Today we lost someone very special to us.  My husband's Grandmother.  She was 94 years old and lived an amazing life.  We will miss you!!!!  So in honor of her "Pauline Box", I am dedicating today's card to her.  I realize that Easter isn't until next Sunday.  But it's always better to be early than late.  Don't you think?  Pauline loved receiving my cards.  She would always take them with her to her craft activity center where she lived.  The ladies would gather together to and try duplicate some of the cards that I had sent.  So here's to you Pauline, "Happy Easter".......



For making this card everything was cut using my gypsy.  I started off with welding two eggs together at 5".  With the top egg, I folded maybe 2 1/4" from the bottom up.  Cut an additional egg out of pattern paper by Paper Patch at 5".  Glue it "only" to the bottom half of the front egg.


The bow was 1" and measured exactly the width of the egg.  After cutting the bow out in white cardstock, I inked around the entire thing with yellow and highlighted it using my yellow zig pen.



Then, of course, I found a pink flower rhinestone and glue it to the middle of the bow after adhering everything to the front of the egg.



For the inside of my card.  I welded two picket fences together to measure a length of 1.51".  I cut two fences out and put foam tape in the middle to add dimension.  This fence will hold open your card, so your front egg will rest along the top of your fence.




Then I cut the grass.  Two were cut in the same color with one flipped.  I then cut another one in a light green.  Layered them and rolled the tips of only the middle layer.  The grass was cut at 2.31".



To finish this card.  I stamped in black ink "happy easter" on the grass directly in the middle.  Add two light purple flowers to the sides.  Accenting the flowers with liquid pearl "white".


Cricut Cartridges Used:

Easter 2010
My World


Thank you all for stopping by and visiting.  Have a wonderful Saturday.


No comments:

Post a Comment