Sunday, March 4, 2012

Bride and Groom Wedding Card

Welcome Everyone!!!  First, I would like to send my prayers out to all those that were affected by the tornadoes.  My family lives in Georgia and Indiana and they were very fortunate to have not been affected by the tornadoes. Thank God!!!

Now onto today's card.  There are many different versions of this card online and I knew I had to make one....  My daughter informed me that they had a wedding coming up that they needed a card for.  So they asked me if I had some free time to make them one.  What perfect timing....  Of course, I said, "yes."  I just needed the colors of the wedding party.  They informed me they were going with orange and brown.  So off I went to make the wedding card.  Now, the pictures in this blog sport "purple".  I had forgotten to scan the card in before sending it off to them.  So I had to make another one for this post.  I was very surprised at how easy and fun this card was to make.  And it looks so elegant too!


To create this 5" x 7" tri-fold card, cut a piece of 7" x 12" white cardstock.  Then score it at 3" (for the bride) and 4" (for the groom).



Adhere a 4" x 7" piece of black cardstock on the right flap of the card.




Cut a triangle out of white cardstock and add two (2) rhinestones.  Adhere to the card flap.




The flower is made by folding a purple flower (from the Recollections Floral Embellishments) in half  -- and then fold it in half again -- and fan it out a bit.  Adhere to left side as the boutonniere.




Cut the edge of the card into the shape of the dress.  This of course took some time.  So I would work with a template first and then transfer it onto the card.  I embossed the cuttlebug "Swirls" on the card by using a rolling pin since the card was to big for my cuttlebug.  I left the section in the middle where the ribbon lays blank.  I then took some clear glitter glue and went over the swirls. 




Finally, cut a slit in the fold of the card and thread 5/8" satin ribbon through the slit and adhere it around the card.  Top it with a flower or a rectangular rhinestone.  Then finish it by stamping your sentiment in the inside of the card.  For your matching envelope you will need a 10" x 10" cardstock.  Score at 3 1/4" and 4 1/4".

2 comments:

  1. Quite amazing to know about this wedding card and hope you had a grand wedding. I am arranging my cousin’s wedding and booked one of best Malibu wedding venues. Hope to find a professional florist for decorating venue.

    ReplyDelete