Wednesday, February 8, 2012

True Love

Can you believe that we are only a week away from Valentine's Day?  You can defiantly feel the love in the air.  For today's card, I made another very simple card.  Most of it was old school making.......


I used a standard 8 1/2 x 11 white cardstock.  Cut it in half length wise (4 1/4 x 11).  Scored length 11" in half.  Your card should open horizontal.  Then I cut another white cardstock to measure 3 3/4 x 5.  With this same cardstock I measured a 1/2" away from each side drawing another rectangle inside the cardstock.  Then I used my paper cutter and cut the lines, giving the cardstock an opening.  I doubled my foam tape and attached it to the main card.



With some Vellum I stamped "True Love" by Studio G in black ink.



I then attached hot red brads to the vellum and rectangle frame.
 


For the heart I got out my Sweetheart Cricut Cartridge.  On page 40 of the manual, I cut the heart at 2" using the shift/shadow feature.  The paper I used was DCWV "the Christmas & Winter Combo - Shimmer Red.  I single foam taped it to the center of the card.

Challenges I've entered into are as follows:

Fantabulous - Love is in the Air (heart)
Paper Playtime - Cricut Creations with Hearts or Love theme
My Craft Spot - Valentine's Day
Terrific Tuesday Challenge - Heart
Card Making Mamas - Valentine
Crafty Calendar - Love and Marriage

8 comments:

  1. Cute idea. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB.

    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card--love the vellum layer! Great idea. Thanks for creating with us at FCCB this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute - I love the sparkly heart. Thank you for playing along with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card!
    Thanks for playing along at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card! Thanks for sharing at Scrappy Moms Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful card! The sentiment on vellum is such a wonderful touch - and the two red brads are a fantastic way to accent the heart.
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot and at Fantabulous Cricut!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card and I love the vellum!! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calender this month!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute card! Simple and romantic!
    Thanks so much for playing along with the Card Makin Mamas this week! Have Fun and I hope to see you again soon!
    Hugs, Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

    ReplyDelete