Sunday, February 5, 2012

Love

Hi Everyone!!!  Hope you all had a wonderful week.  Today's card is very simple.  I've been trying to use different cricut cartridges that can be used to make Valentine's Day cards.  I decided to use Damask Decor and Flower Shoppe to make this card.  Here is what I came up with....




First I would like to apologize for the quality of this picture.  My scanner must not have liked this card to well (ha,ha).  I recently got a new scanner, so I am still playing with it.  I cut this card at 5 1/4" using the card/shift feature on page 67 of the manual.  I cut it twice.  One in a pale grey and one in a black.  I decided to use the pale grey as the base card.  I cut the black card in half, adhering the main portion to the front of the card.  Reducing the other portion by an 1/8" all away around and adhering it to the inside of the card.  I then used the card feature to cut the heart out in red cardstock.  I attached the heart to the front of the card using zig 2 way glue.




On the same pale grey, I stamped "Love" by Fiskars All Year Greetings.  I used cranberry ink by ColorBox and filled in the love with my micron 05 red.   I cut the pale grey down to a 3" x 1" and inked black around all sides. 


I wanted to attach a flower to this card.  So I used Flower Shoppe Cricut Cartridge.  On page 13, I cut the Scallop1 image at 2 1/2" out of red.  I used my quill tool to wrap the image around to form the rose.  On page 17, I then cut a Sunflower4 image at 1" out of green and attached it to the botton of the rose.  Using my quill tool I rounded the petals to help form the rose and finalized the rose with Glossy Accents.  After the rose was dry I attached it to the "Love" sign.



Finally for the inside of the card.  I just used two circles and stamped Happy Valentine's Day twice in white ink to give it hat 3D look.  Added some rhinestones to both the inside bottom corners and front.  Simple as can be.....

Thanks for stopping by and have a great Sunday...... 

No comments:

Post a Comment