Saturday, February 4, 2012

Love grows............

Hi Scrappers!!!  Sure hope you are having a wonderful Saturday.  Today's card is a scallop shape card.  Before I tell you how I made it, let me show you some pictures first.


So in order to make this lovely card.  I used my wildcard cricut cartridge.  I cut the scallop shape card at 5 1/2" out of black cardstock.   Adhered a smaller circle out of pink for the layer.  The ribbon I used was from The Robert Stanley Collection located at your Hobby Lobby store. 



For the flower I used George and Basic Shapes cricut cartridge with the DCWV Christmas and Winter Combo paper (White Shimmer).  Cut the flower out on Shadow/Blackout three times at 2 1/2".  To put this flower together I did a search on paper roses.  There are several tutorials to choose from.  The one I chose was Kathy Orta from Paper Phenomenon.  Her tutorial was very easy to understand.  After putting the rose together, I needed to add some leaves.  I chose to use Flower Shoppe cricut cartridge and cut the heart leaf at 2 1/2" on green cardstock.  I inked around the leaves and then thinly drew lines as the vains.  Attached the leaves to the rose with my hot glue gun.  With the same white shimmer card stock I punched out two small butterflies from Studio G. 



I then found this lovely stamp "Love grows" in the Fiskars "Friendship Garden" collection.  I stamped it directly on the pink with Brilliance Pearl Ivy.  To finish my card, I doodled stitches around the scallops with my white gel pen, doodled around the pink cardstock with my black zig pen and added both green and hot pink rhinestones.

Below are a few challenges I've entered into:

My Craft Spot - Anything Goes
Lollipop Crafts - Anything Goes
Craft Us Crazy - Anything Goes
DYSU - Anything Goes
Paper Playtime - Anything Goes & Blog Hop
Die Cuttin Divas - Anything Goes
PaperPlay - Get In Shape
The Poodles Parlour - Anything Goes
Hotshot Craft - Flower
Frosted Designs - Ribbon and/or Twine
Delightful Sketches - Punches and Dies

15 comments:

  1. This is so sweet. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful rose, love the scallop shaped card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning card ,your handmade flowers is just beautiful
    thanks for joining us at the poodle parlour and good luck
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    What an Absolutely Gorgeous Shaped Card!!! Love the layout and the embellishments look fabulous. Love the colour scheme. Thanks for joining us at Poodles Parlour and Good Luck. Hope to see you joining us again.
    Hugs Jacqui xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning project...well done and thanks for sharing with us at Poodles Parlour

    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. so gorgeous love the big flower
    thanks for playing with us at paperplay this week
    hugs
    céline dt member

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea - looks great

    kitten - DYSU team

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Poodles Parlour.
    Good Luck Cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot this week.
    Jayne x

    http://jayne-designs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! You have really added so many wonderful details to your card. Your flower turned out really pretty. Thanks for entering your card in this weeks challenge at My Craft Spot. :)

    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so lovely.

    Thank you for joining us at HSC for our flower challenge

    Hugs Sarah

    p.s. I have mini blog candy on offer for old and new followers

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning creation, love the colours on the black & the flower is fab!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great colors--they really make it pop! Love the card!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous ribbon!!!! It is perfect with your card! I hope you join us again at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautifully done, thanks for playing with us at the Poodles Parlour, blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete