Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I Love You!!!!

Happy Hump Day Scrappers!!!  Can you believe that today is February 1st?  Where did January go?  Well in any case, I wanted to start this month with another beautiful Valentine's Day card.  Keep in mind this card can also be used as a Mother's Day, Sympathy, Just Because,or Birthday card.



The base card is a light pink scored in half to make an A2 size card.  I used two different pattern papers cutting them both at 3 x 5 1/2.  I adhered the first patterned paper to the left side and then attached the other patterned paper to the right side.  That way they both over lapped each other. 



I wanted to use a different cartridge, so I decided to use Elegant Cakes.  I used "Accent2" on page 29.  I cut the image at 2 1/2".  However the next time I cut this image, I think I will have to slow down the speed.  This image has a lot of fine cutting and as you can see in the above picture it almost took off one of the leaves.  I used the shift button to cut the roses out in white cardstock.  Before I removed them from the mat I inked them with Versa Magic "Pink Dust".  Then I added a few pearls to give it some dimension.


Here is a closer look of the pearls that I added.  The one in the middle is a little larger then the others.



With the same pearls I decided to add a few to the right corner of the card.  These pearls are from Recollection.



After attaching everything to the base of the card.  I stamped "I LOVE YOU" with Brilliance Pearl Ivy and added a few more pearls.  I think if I was to remake this card I might use a darker stamp color.

So that's the over all of how I made this card.  I hope you all are having a fantastic week so far.  Look forward to reading your comments, so please post some.  Thanks!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment