Saturday, February 25, 2012

Happy Birthday, Austin!!!

Well, hello everyone!!!  I know it's been several days since my last post.  I apologize.  The week after Valentine's Day, I went to visit my oldest daughter.  When I got back home all heck broke loose.  First, it was my computer with it's speed.  We had a computer guy come out and tell me that I needed a new LAN card.  So off we went to get a new card.  Then we had an electrician come in and hard wire me a new line.  That helped alittle.  But come the next day it became worse.  So we took it into Staples and had them clean the tower.  That helped......  Then we turned for the worse again.  So we decided since my computer was over eight years old.  It was time to get a new tower. 

Then the fun began with a new tower and new programs.  Boy!!!  What a headache.  But I think we might finally be up and running.  Thank you!!!  Anyway, enough blah blah about my computer.  Onto today's card.

A Big shout out to our nephew "Austin".  Today he has turned eight.  Happy Birthday to you, buddy.  So, today I'm sharing his birthday card with all of you.  Several months ago while surfing the Internet I came across this card.  Of course, I made some adjustments to mine.




I started with cutting the pizza image out at 3 1/2" with Simply Charmed Cricut Cartridge.  You can find it on page 76.  All layers were cut at the same size.  I brown stamped around the green pepper, mushrooms, and pepperoni.  The card base was grey cardstock (4 1/4" x 5 1/2").  The blue cardstock was cut a 4" x 3".  The pattern paper by The Paper Studio - Birthday Extravaganza was also cut and 4" x 3".  I over lapped the paper and added red ribbon.


For the birthday sign I stamped Happy Birthday from a G Studio stamp in red and rounded the sides. Then I used the same red ink to shade the edges.  Adhered it to the card with foam to help give it a lift.



I did the same with the pizza.  Wow, all this work and now I'm ready for a slice myself.  Again, Happy Birthday!!!!

Thank you all for stopping by.  Hope you all have had a wonderful Saturday.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment