Sunday, January 15, 2012

Quilling Heart Card

Wow!!!  What a Day.  Woke up this morning with SNOW and it has been snowing all day.  Yeah!!!  So look out East Coast.  It's coming...  So for today's card, I quilled hearts.  It was simply easy if you own a quilling tool.  First let me show the card and then I will explain how I did it.


You will need:

A Quilling Tool
6 strips of white cardstock (1/8 x 11)
2 strips of red cardstock (1/8 x 12), I made this one bigger, but you can do them all the same size.
Scotch Quick-Dry Adhesive
Pink cardstock (4 1/4 x 5 1/2)
4 white cardstock squares (each measuring 1")
Glitter Glue and Glossy Accents

Make 6 white quilled circles, make sure the coil is about the size of a 1" square.  Then glue the ends to secure.  Do the same for your two red strips.  Now pinch all of the coils so that it makes a teardrop shape.  Glue two teardrops together to form a heart.  See picture below:


As your hearts a drying.  Center your 1" square starting at about 1 1/2" down from the top.  I left about a 1/4" in between the squares.  Then adhere to pink cardstock followed with adhering the hearts to each square using Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive.  I added Glossy Accents to each white heart and red glitter glue to the red heart.  Here is a close up.



I finished my card with stamping "Happy Valentine's Day" in red.  Very Simple.....  Thanks again for stopping by.  As always, I love receiving your comments.  Until later, have a wonderful Sunday... 



1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful card! I like the idea of three white and one red heart!

    ReplyDelete