Sunday, January 22, 2012

I'm Lost Without You

Happy Sunday Everyone!!!  Sure hope you all had a fabulous weekend.  We definitely did.  We took a three hour drive to visit with our oldest daughter in the northern part of Montana.  They seemed to have received alot of snow.  So it took a little longer than the three hours, but was well worth it....

Today's card is very simple.  It is a standard A2.  No circut cartridges involved.  I came across a saying and fell in love with it.  So I decided to focus my card on the saying.  Here is what I came up with:


For the base card I folded my blue cardstock in half to make my A2 card.  My cream cardstock was cut at 5 1/4 x 4, then I ran it through my cuttlebug using one of Tim Holtz's embossing folders.  DCWV "Tradewinds" was then cut at 5 x 3 3/4.


I wrapped some ribbon from Michael's Celebrate it Holiday Noel around the DCWV cardstock.


Before I attached the velvet hearts (hobby lobby) to the ribbon. My other daughter and I chose to adhere blue rhinestones to the heart.  We wanted to give it a little bling.......



Finally, we needed to decide on a font.  So, we chose to go simple and print it off on the same blue cardstock that was used to make the initial card.  We also decided to enter our card into the following challenge:
  
 

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this card...love the paper choice for your background. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hint of the embossed paper on this card..

    Cute

    Jhay

    ReplyDelete