Saturday, January 21, 2012

Come Ride With Me, My Valentine

Hi Scrappers!!!  Hope you all had a great week.  As some of you know, we were expected to receive 10-20" of snow all week.  Well, we planned for it.  Scheduled our work around the snow and tried to avoid the mountains.  It back fired!!!!  We never received the snow.  It seemed to have passed right over us.  We did get the 45mph winds and the artic cold.  But that was it.  Oh, well.......

So since I had some free time from regular work.  I decided to work on some more Valentine's Day cards.  The other day I was web surfing and came across this talented lady "Crafting with Katie".  Her cards are so darn cute.  I just couldn't resist making one of them myself.  Below is my version of her card.


For this card I used the bicycle from Just Because Cards.  The basket is from Sweethearts, and the hearts are from Create a Critter.  The sentiments are from Fiskars "Friendship Garden" and "All Year Greetings".



This is a closer look of the bike.  I cut the main bike in black at 8", followed with the layers of pink and silver.  The basket was cut at 2 3/4" in basic white and then stamped with pink dust by Versa Magic.



For the hearts, I cut them at 1" in the same pink as the bike.  stitched around the inside with a white marker and stamped "love" in two of the heart.  I used an 1/8" ribbon (orange cream) to attached to the hearts from the basket.



For the third heart I stamped "Love You".  For the paper I used:  DCWV "The Spring Stack - Printed Paper" and "The Spring Cardstock stack".

1 comment:

  1. Very cute card nice colors.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete