Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas Ornaments

Sure hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day.  I apologize for not blogging lately.  I happened to of taken on a few two many projects during this time of year.  Then our oldest daughter decided she was moving.  So needless to say, I've been a little preoccupied.......

Any how, this year we decided to make Christmas ornaments and send one different one to every family member.  I think next year, we will have to start in January and make a few every month until Christmas.  Here is a few examples of our ornaments:


This ornament was made for my oldest daughter.  I apologize for the poor quality of the picture.  We were in a hurry in taking the picture before she left.



This ornament was made for my daughter's boyfriend.  His favorite color is blue.  Again I apologize for the poor quality of this picture.

So this is how they were made.  I purchased the ornaments from Michael's - "create your own ornament".  We swirled in some "Pledge Floor Care Finish with Future Shine".  Any extra pledge just pour back into original container.  When you have completely covered the entire inside with the pledge, then pour in Martha Stewart glitter.  Cover the opening with a tissue/paper towel and shake.  Again pour the extra glitter back into the original container.  Put cap back on and decorate the outside of your ornament.  We used rhinestones, glitter glue, and sharpie markers (snowman face and buttons) to finish the outside decorations.  All you need is a little imagination.........

Thanks for stopping by.  If you should decide to make some ornaments of your own, please share.   We would love to see what you have come up with.  Have a wonderful Monday!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment