Sunday, October 16, 2011

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.  First off, I would like to thank each and every one of you for taking time out of your busy schedules the last couple of weeks.  Your votes meant alot to me.  Unfortunately, I wasn't selected to move on as the top 15.  But that is okay.  During this voting process, I was able to appreciate and learn alot.  I was amazed by all the fabulous talent and couldn't believe I was included with them.  So for those ladies moving on, Good Luck!!!!!!

In the meantime, here was my next card.  We had to use either Flags or Banners and the word "happy" somewhere on our card.


I know, I know.......  It's way to early to start thinking about Valentine's Day.  But heck, we were already thinking of Christmas in June.  So anyhow, here is how I made it.  I first got inspiration from viewing the gallery over at Split Coast Stampers.  I took a piece of gray cardstock (10x5x5) and scored it at (1.25, 2.5, 4.25, 6, and 8.25).  This was the card base.  I cut several hearts including scalloped hearts using Doodlecharms and George and Basic Shapes ( 1, 2 1/4, 2 1/2, 2 3/4, 3 1/4,  and 3 3/4).  I used Tags, Bags, Boxes, and More to cut a tag (3/4 x 5 1/2).  Then I used Tie the Knot to cut  the lips at 1 1/4.  Stamps I used were "I Love You", "Happy Valentine's Day", and "XOXO".  Finally added some gingham ribbon (red & black), brads, red and white gel pens, and rhinestones.  Sure love the way it came out.  

So again I want to thank you all for voting for me.  However, don't stop voting because one of those ladies could still use your vote.  Here is the link over at Practical Scrappers. Good Luck Ladies!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. This is adorable, Shawn!! How are you doing?? This turned out soooo cute! Thanks for sharing. Much Hugs n' Aloha, Jen

    ReplyDelete