Monday, October 3, 2011

Criss Cross Card

Today I decided to share with you my criss cross card.  It was very simple to make.  First I'll show what my card looks like, then I'll finish it up with the recipe on how to make it.  So here we go......




This picture is the finished card.  On the back I added a piece of black cardstock (5 1/2 x 2 1/2) scored at 1 3/8.  Attach the 1 3/8 to the back of card and you have added a stand.  How easy is that?  Now, for some more picture....



Here is just the card without the insert.  I used black cardstock (4 1/4 x 11) scored at 5 1/2.  I then took one of the folds and made a diagonal cut from one corner to the other.  Save the other piece cause you will need it.  I used two different patterned papers from DCWV "Lemon Flower".  Cut them to first measure at 4 x 5 1/4 and then cut them in half to make two triangles.  Attach the pattern paper to each black triangle.  Line up the detached black triangle to the side of the card that doesn't already have the triangle attached.  Adhere it to the attached triangle down at the bottom only.  When you have that completed then add ribbon and then attach the side to the card.  You should have an opening where the two triangles met.  For the flower I used a natural colored flower from Recollections and colored it with Bic Markers "Stone Grey".  I attached a big yellow brad and finished the flower with glossy accents. 



For the insert, I decided to do something very simple.  Sorry the insert turned when I scanned it into the computer.  I cut a 4 x 3 3/4 yellow cardstock.  Rounded the corners.  Added a piece of ribbon as the pull tab and adhered it with a flower brad.  Now its ready for my sentiment.  I might still add some more things to it (i.e. flower stamps, rhinestones).  But I won't do that until I get ready to send out.






Finally, the finished card with insert.  If you have any questions regarding how to make a criss cross card and don't quite understand how I made it.  Please feel free to visit "Youtube".  All I did was a search under "Criss Cross Cards" and several videos come up.  Good Luck!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love this card! Such a great idea and leaves lots of room to write your message. :)

    ReplyDelete