Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Happy 21st Birthday

Well, Lisa is off enjoying Washington DC and will head back home to Austria later this week.  Sure will miss having her around.  In the meantime, last friday, September 16, was our oldest daughter's 21st birthday.  Instead of making her a standard birthday card this year.  I decided to try and make her an explosion box.  I got the idea after searching up "explosion boxes" on youtube.  I watched a video from Mrscrappy1970.  However, he did not give instructions on how to make this explosion box.  So needless to say, I really liked the colors and decided to make my own using something similiar to his.  I also plan on entering my explosion box into the CR84FN38 Color Challenge.




Please use the 3 named colors: as your MAIN colors***
                                                         
Bright Pink, Black and Gray
The beautiful color graphic was created using photos courtesy of Leslie at a creative mint
____________________________________
So here is what I came up with.......


This lid was made using black cardstock (7 1/8 x 7 1/8). 




This is a side view of the explosion box.




This is what the box looks like inside.




This is a closer look of the inside.




Here is a view of the birthday cake with the inside panels.  There is a total of three panels per side.




This is a view of the second panel where my daughter can add pictures of her 21st birthday adventure.




This is the final panel for more pictures.




Another view of the entire explosion box.




I will not be listing all that I did to make this explosion box.  However, if you are interested in knowing how I made it.  Please feel free to drop me a message and I promise to get back to you with the details.  As always, your comments are greatly appreciated.  Have a wonderful Wednesday!!!!!!!!!


12 comments:

  1. WOW! What an explosion of creativity! Love the 3D birthday cake! Happy Birthday to your dear daughter! Thanks so much for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh oh my...what a delightful Birthday explosion box. Each panel is beautifully decorated and the cake inside is magnificent. Thanks for playing along at CR84FN.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shawn, this is such a GREAT gift for your daughter's 21st! I LOVE how you made layers that she can put pictures on so this REALLY becomes a keepsake! THX for sharing this with us and playing at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous 21st gift!! This is really beautiful - the cake is amazing and I like that you've left space for her to add photos. Wonderful! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw this over at CR84FN and had to take a peek. OMG, it's awesome! Beautiful colors and design. The cake looks good enough to eat. I especially like the 3 panels per side. I've never seen that done. I may have to do something like this for my daughter in a few years (she's only 7 now, and might not appreciate if for awhile) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to know how you made the cake! If possible please share details alejandra.v.ulloa@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like the information on how you made the cake if you can share with me it would be greatly appreciated
    Gracesonnawilson@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like the information on how you made the cake if you can share with me it would be greatly appreciated
    Gracesonnawilson@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful explosion box today is my first time seeing one really good job could u teach me how to make one. My email is canady143@gmail.com <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, my! I know this is an old post but would LOVE to know how to make the 3D cake! I want to make one of these for hubby's birthday which is coming up in a couple of weeks. Hope to hear from you soon! Thanks for the info. :)

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  11. i would love to make this for my daughters birthday can you please email me on how to do it..Maribel715@aol.com

    ReplyDelete