Tuesday, August 2, 2011




Good evening all!!!  It's been a ruff couple of weeks.  First my husband's entire family from both Indiana and Nevada came out to visit with us for 10 days.  During their visit, my father passed away.  I was so thankful to have family with me during this sudden loss.  My family prays everyday for what God has blessed us with.  My father was a great man and I look forward to the day that we meet again.  I LOVE YOU, DAD!!!!!

However, now I need to start focusing on what my father would have liked me to do.  That would be to share my passion for crafting.  So with this note, my Mother-In-Law's birthday was July 30th.  I, of course, didn't have the strive to finish her card.  She totally understood and said when I'm ready, she'll be waiting for it cause she knows I always put my heart and soul into making my cards.  So here is the card that I finally finished for her this evening.




Recipe:

White cardstock (4 1/4 x 5 1/2)
Burgundy mat (4 x 5 1/4)
Pattern mat (3 3/4 x 5)

Elegant Edges cartridge (page 22)
       Oblong Frame (3 3/4) - Burgundy
       Shift Shadow (3 3/4) - White

Mother's Day Bouquet cartridge 
Leaf (3 @ 2 1/2)

Stamp "Happy Birthday"
Recollection "Pearls"
Recollections "Boutique Fleur" (3 flowers)
Brad


I just wanted to tell you all that your kind thoughts have been a great blessing to my family.  Thank you all for following me.  God Bless you all!!!!

_________________________________________


Since I haven't entered in challenges for awhile.  I decided to start by entering this beautiful card into Use It Challenge.  I was shocked to learn what I have hoared (pearls, large brad, and (3) different flowers combined into one).  Sure hope to like it.  Your comments are always greatly appreciated.

3 comments:

  1. Shawn, I am so sorry to hear about your dad. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. This is a beautiful card for your MIL. I love the colors and the big bold flower is perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so sorry about your loss. good to know you and your family are so close.

    you made a lovely little card! and thanks for entering it at our Use It Tuesday challenge! hope to see you back for our next one on 8/9 :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Card. Thanks for joinng us at Use it Tuesday- UIT DT Haven

    ReplyDelete