Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Happy Wednesday!

What another beautiful day here in Montana.  We are expected to reach temperatures as high as 91 degrees.  Which to us is like going to the desert when it's around 115 degrees.  I know I use to live in the desert......  Anyhow,  I've been doing alot of surfing the Internet recently and have noticed alot of people making cards with lighthouses.  Which I think is a beautiful scenery.  It reminds me so much of my visits to Brunswick, Maine when I was a young teenager.  So I decided to incorporate a little of everyones and make my own.  I'm sure it looks similar to everyone elses.  But here is what I came up with:





Recipe:

Blue cardstock - 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 card base scored in half
White cardstock - 4 x 5 1/4
Cloud cardstock - 3 3/4 x 5 (DCWV Extreme Paper Stack "Everyday")

Lighthouse:  Cricut cartridge "Life's a Beach"

Black cardstock - 4 1/4" lighthouse
Red cardstock - 4 1/4 " layers

Glue lighthouse onto white cardstock and trace with 1/8" Magic Matter, then cut.  Glue layers, accent with white gel pen and ink edges with black.

Birds:  Cricut cartridge "Life's a Beach"

White cardstock - 1" (might of been 2") forgot to right down
Dot the birds eyes with a "black" Zig Writer Pen and adhere to main card with pop dots

Mountain:  Cricut cartridge "Paper Dolls Dress Up"

Kraft cardstock 4" - Outlined using Zig Writer Pen "Chocolate", then stamp all over using Dew Drop "Brilliance Coffee Bean"

Waves:  Cricut cartridge "Paper Dolls Dress Up"

Water cardstock - 1" (DCWV Extreme Paper Stack "Everyday") Outlined using Zig Writer Pen "Blue"


Finally, since I'm unable to remember all those sites that I visited.  I wish to give you all credit for your lovely lighthouse cards and inspiring me to make my own.  Have a wonderful day and thanks again for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment